The first race in the NZ Extreme race series kicks off this year in Spring time! With the hope of higher flows on the Kaituna, the Kaituna Time-trial this year is going down Sunday 20th of November. This year we are combining with the Whitewater XL event @ Vector Wero in Auckland to give two weekends of racing! Who will be the fastest paddler down the Kaituna in 2016??
Important things to note:
a. Prize money for the Podium
b. Top 32 men and women qualify for the Waka BoaterX the following weekend at the Whitewater XL event at Vector WERO. (More than $5000 prize money!)
Registration/Entry fees – discounted Pre registration $20 online, fill in and submit the form below and follow the payment details. Pre registration closes Friday 18th November. $25 cash if Registering on the day of the event.
Exemption Note: We understand internationals wont have kiwi bank accounts, so as long as international competitors have submitted their onlline registration by Friday 18th, only $20 cash will be charged on race day.
- 2 Runs, Fastest run counts.
- Course: From put-in Ramp to a touch banner at Bottom Hole
- Categories: Open Men, Open Women, U18 Men, U18 Women
- Safety: Safety boaters in place at Weir, Waterfall and Bottom Hole Rapids.
Rules: Check out the kaituna-time-trial-rules and regulations for permitted boats for competition.
Day schedule: Kaituna Time-trial Sunday Nov 20th
8:30am – Late Registrations and bib pick up @ Okere Falls store
9:00am – Mandatory Race Briefing @ Okere Falls store
10:15am to 12:30pm – Racing (Competitor start times to be announced on race day)
1:00pm – Prize giving @ Okere Falls store
4:45pm – Whitewater XL welcoming Powhiri and Registration for International Athletes @ Vector Wero in Auckland.
Check our facebook event page to show your interest or catch any new information/discussions etc… share the event with your friends even! https://www.facebook.com/events/500562923486101/?active_tab=about
Waka Boater X info…
- The Kaituna Time-trial is a qualifier for the Waka boater X race, part of the Whitewater XL event at Vector Wero white water park 27th Nov.
- Top 32 racers from the WWXL slalom and top 32 racers from Kaituna Time-trial will qualify to race in the Waka Boater X. 2 Classes – Open Men and Open women.
- Those who qualify for the Waka boater X are invited to free practice times at Wero on Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd Nov.
- Free Practice sessions for Boater X competitors are 1pm-2pm on both Monday 21st and Tuesday 22nd Nov.
- Qualified athletes wanting to practice must have registered for the Waka Boater X, be wearing bib and have completed Wero’s safety assessment. Waka boater X registration is at the whitewater XL opening ceremony, Sunday 20th evening.
Click the following link to check out the XL’s race schedule for the week.
For more information check out http://wwxl.co.nz/ or their facebook event page https://www.facebook.com/WhitewaterXL/?hc_location=ufi
Kaituna Timetrial Registration
Fill in and submit the form below and complete your registration by depositing your $20 entry fee via internet banking into the following account…
Account name: NZEWW Events
Account No.: 38-9016-0537751-00
Reference: Entrant Name and Event Name e.g B Bayly Kaituna TT