The first race of 5 in the 2017/18 NZ Extreme race series kicks off on the Kaituna River, Okere Falls on the 18th November 2017.
It consists of a time trial race, a long boat race and finally a 3 person teams relay race.
Categories: Open Men, Open Women, U18 Men, U18 Women, Masters (40 and over)
Prize money: Podium for the time-trial event will receive prize money (amount depends on no. of entries)
Entry: $25 (pre-registered), or $30 on the day.
Registration: Fill in the form at the bottom of this post and complete payment details. International paddlers without a NZ bank account are able to pay on the day.
WWXL PADDLERS: Anyone already registered for the WWXL BoaterX has free entry into the Kaituna Time-trial. Head over to https://wwxl.co.nz/wwxl-boatrx/ to register if you havent already!
- For the Time Trial you will get two race laps down the Kaituna River to post your fastest single lap time, which will count for your overall ranking.
- Time-trial starts from the ramp at the control gates (put-in), all the way down to bottom hole, where there will be a finish touch-banner on river left.
Long Boat race:
- Time trial format
- Any plastic boat 2.7m or longer can race
Team Relay Race:
- 3 person teams
- BoaterX rules apply.
- 3 legs – ‘Control gates to Weir’, ‘Weir to Waterfall’, ‘Waterfall to Bottom Hole’.
- Mass Start from Control Gates
- Teams can decide their own order.
- Each team member must pass their team ‘baton’ to their next racer before the exit of the pool at the end of each leg.
- Safety will be placed at Weir, Waterfall and Bottom hole rapids.
Kaituna Time-trial day Schedule:
8:30am – 9:15am – Late Registrations and Bib pickup @ Okere Falls store
9:15am – Mandatory Race Briefing @ Okere Falls store
10:00am til 12pm – Time trial Racing (Competitor start times to be announced on race day)
12:30pm – Long boat Race (1 lap only)
2pm – Teams relay (mass start)
4:00pm – Prize giving @ Okere Falls store
KAITUNA TIME-TRIAL REGISTRATION:
Fill in and submit the form below, and complete your registration by depositing your $25 entry fee via internet banking into the following account… PRE-REGISTRATION ENDS 9PM 17TH NOVEMBER.
Account name: NZEWW Events
Account No.: 38-9016-0537751-00
Reference: Entrant Name and Event Name e.g B Bayly Kaituna TT