The first race of 5 in the 2018/19 NZ Extreme race series kicks off on the Kaituna River, Okere Falls on the 24th November 2018.
It consists of a time trial race, a retro/long boat race and finally a 3 person teams relay race. Rankings from the Time-trial go towards National series points.
Categories: Open Men, Open Women, U18 Men, U18 Women, Masters (40 and over)
#Mandatory Pre Registration online: Fill in the form at the bottom of this post
Registrations close 6pm Friday 23rd Nov.
#Entry fee: $20 cash on the day.
• For the Time Trial you will get two race laps down the Kaituna River to post your fastest single lap time, which will count for your overall ranking
• Time-trial starts from the ramp at the control gates (put-in), all the way down to bottom hole, where there will be a finish touch-banner on river left.
#Retro/Long Boat race:
• Mass start format (boater X rules apply)
• Any plastic kayak 2.7m or longer can race
#Team Relay Race:
• 3 person teams (any gender)
• BoaterX rules apply.
• 3 legs – ‘Control gates to Weir’, ‘Weir to Waterfall’, ‘Waterfall to
• Mass Start from Control Gates
• Teams can decide their own order.
• Each team member must pass their team ‘baton’ to their next racer before the exit of the pool at the end of each leg. (Batons are provided)
• Safety will be placed at Weir, Waterfall and Bottom hole rapids for Time trial and longboat races.
#Kaituna Time-trial day Schedule:
8:30am – Waiver sign, payment and bib pickup @ Okere Falls store
9:15am – Mandatory Race Briefing @ Okere Falls store
10:00am til 12pm – Time trial Racing (Competitors’ individual start times announced at briefing)
12:30pm – Long boat Race (mass start)
2pm – Teams relay (mass start)
3:30pm – Prize giving @ Okere Falls store